Lean Six Sigma™ is a management approach to business performance improvement that has blended the two individual specialisms of Lean and Six Sigma. Both management strategies are widely used worldwide and have experienced proven success in a variety of industries and services. APMG International has partnered with Lean Six Sigma™ Academy (LSSA) to bring a full suite of Lean Six Sigma™ belts (yellow, orange, green and black) together as a professional framework.
Why it’s important
The application of Lean Six Sigma™ allows quality and efficiency improvements to be effectively realised. The focus of Lean is about speed, efficiency and taking waste out of a process. Lean Six Sigma™ focuses on effectiveness and removal of errors.
When combined and implemented properly it can be a powerful management tool that can greatly improve an organisation’s performance, by providing a structured approach to resolving problems. Lean Six Sigma™ can help you to bring about rapid improvements, whether in a manufacturing or service-based context.
Certify your ability to:
- To work effectively with, or as a member of, a process improvement team working in an environment supporting Lean Six Sigma™
- To analyse and refine processes to improve efficiency and remove waste using Lean
- Reduce process variation and improve quality and consistency
- Add value for customers, employees and shareholders by minimising process variation and waste
- Improve performance and reduce timescales for Lean Six Sigma™ projects
Yellow belt foundation
Who is the yellow belt for?
This belt is suitable for anyone who wants to learn basic Lean Six Sigma™ principles and the most important Lean Six Sigma™ instruments. Yellow belts are experienced with the processes in daily practice and are therefore often involved in leading Kaizen projects or they are team member in a green or black belt project.