This five day course, certified by ILM, aims to provide practising managers with the knowledge, skills and confidence to perform effectively as coaches or mentors as part of their normal work role. In addition the diploma aims to equip participants seeking to move into a development role within their organisations or to freelance as a management coach or mentor.
Why it’s important
Amid the constant pressure on managers to do more with less, in shorter time frames and to a higher standard, lies the crucial opportunity to drive the development of your team. The best thing about being a manager is that it gives you a real chance to make a difference. Not just to your organisations bottom line – though that is obviously important – but to your teams capability. This is where coaching is so valuable.
Managers who can coach their staff to work more effectively, take more initiative, and improve their own knowledge and skills will be freed from the ‘it’s faster if I do it myself’ mentality and find themselves able to delegate with confidence. On an organisational level, developing managers’ coaching skills is the single most cost-effective development investment a business can make, as this learning naturally spreads across the workplace.
Why choose Explosive Learning Solutions
Explosive Learning Solutions’ trainers have a deep and insightful knowledge of the whole subject. Using a combination of corporate logisticians and associate consultants experienced in coaching and management, we have people who understand the realities as well as the theories behind each topic.
Who will benefit
The certificate in coaching and mentoring are ideal qualifications for managers with significant responsibility for developing individuals within their work environment as part of their day-to-day role. They are also designed to develop learners planning to move into a development role or start a career as a freelance coach and mentor.
The benefits for the individual are:
- Get a critical understanding of the role and responsibilities of the workplace coach and mentor.
- Deepen your understanding of how coaching and mentoring can impact an organisation.
- Be able to assess your own skills, behaviours and knowledge as a coach and mentor.
- Provide evidence of your own development as a coach and mentor through the qualification.
- Plan your further development.
- Plan, deliver and review coaching and mentoring in your organisation.
The benefits for employers are:
- Ensure the managers you develop as coaches or mentors are properly equipped with the skills, knowledge and ethical understanding they need.
- Develop a coaching and mentoring culture in your organisation, so that managers are able to provide effective support for the development of others and improve their performance.
What it covers
The certificate in coaching and mentoring is made up of three mandatory units covering:
- Understanding the skills, principles and practice of effective management coaching and mentoring
- Undertaking management coaching or mentoring in the workplace
- Reviewing own ability as a management coach or mentor
There are no formal entry requirements but participants will normally be practising managers.
The course covers both theory and practical with ample opportunity for individuals to develop their skills in a supportive and collaborative environment. Criterion assessment applies to all units within this qualification (i.e. the learner must adequately evidence each assessment criterion).
What you will get
Those who successfully meet all the assessment criteria will be awarded a level 5 certificate in coaching and mentoring with a
credit value of 13 credits. Explosive Learning Solutions will provide supportive and experienced tutors, an introduction to ILM qualifications and all necessary learning materials. In addition you will get membership of ILM.
This qualification will provide progression opportunities to other new qualifications such as:
- ILM Level 5 Diploma in Coaching and Mentoring
- ILM Level 5 Award, Certificate or Diploma in Leadership and Management
- ILM Level 7 Certificate or Diploma in Executive Coaching and Mentoring
Price, dates and location
Dates: 20 Jul 2015
Duration: five days
Locations: Harwell Science & Innovation Campus
Dates: upon agreement
Duration: five days
Location: upon agreement