Through life capability management
Defence purchasing and contract management can be time-consuming, complex, and bureaucratic. The costs of getting it wrong can be astronomical.
The logistics specialists at Explosive Learning Solutions’ are experts in systems integration and the Defence Lines of Development (DLOD) approach to procurement and acquisition. In this way, we are the perfect partner to ensure that your requirements are met. We enhance your capability by procuring fully compatible systems that have immediate plug-in and play connectivity, which also comply with your existing doctrine, training and logistic support infrastructure.
In short, we save you time and money by ensuring you get the right solution first time.
Expert management consultants at Explosive Learning Solutions can perform a business process review, including advice on the following:
- Project management
- Change management
- Process improvement using lean systems
- Psychometric testing (designing and conducting testing programmes)
What is a Rapid Improvement Event (RIE)?
- A hands on, focused event aimed at achieving a real, immediate step change in performance through the practical implementation of change.
- It is more than just tools and techniques; it is a flexible but structured approach, starting with finding out what really happens now through to designing the future state capability and processes necessary to create and sustain success.
- It engages those that know the detail of what happens on the frontline and those with the authority to sanction change to gain real ownership.
Meeting the customers needs
- Focus on what is really happening from the customer’s point of view.
- Identify the work that adds value and the waste activities.
- Design a new future state process, eliminating waste activities and improving the work that adds value to become more lean, effective, responsive and agile to meet customer needs.
What we can deliver
- A practical way of achieving real results, demonstrating to everyone a commitment to implement improvements that meet the needs of the customer.
- RIE as an integral part of a programme to increase internal lean capability through champions and lean leadership skills in the organisation.
- The development on an integrated work strand programme and the creation of a sustainable culture of improvement that becomes: “the way we do things around here”.
In order to continuously improve, organisations must strive to reduce waste and variability whilst increasing quality. This is true of all sectors whether public or private, manufacturing or service related.
Explosive Learning Solutions provides both Lean training and consulting solutions that create a genuine impact on an organisation’s ability to improve.
Project management is the planning, delegating, monitoring and control of all aspects of the project, and the motivation of those involved, to achieve the project objectives within the expected performance targets for time, cost, quality, scope, benefits and risk. The purpose of project management is to keep control over the specialist work required to create the project’s products. Additionally, given that projects are how we introduce a change, and that project work entails a higher degree of risk than many other business activities, it follows that implementing a secure, consistent, well-proven approach to project management is a valuable business investment.
Here at ELS we are use and deliver training on project management methodologies such as PRINCE2®, APM and AgilePM® which ensures that whatever environment the project is operating in, it will be successful.
ELS have been involved in an number of change Projects. Both as part of the change team and as the leader of the Change. These projects have included:
- The implementation of a wide area network (WAN) across a geographically dispersed public sector organisation
- The implementation of software supporting the management information requirement to support training and education
- The implementation of software supporting the recruitment
- The transformation of training to better suit third millennial learners and to introduce appropriate technology which is effective as well as efficient
- Royal Military Academy Sandhurst (RMAS) Training Transformation Programme of the Regular, Reserve and Professionally Qualified Officer’s Commissioning Courses.
Strategic planning is a management discipline which can be used to optimise the performance and potential of any organisation. It looks beyond everyday operations, challenges and opportunities to examine the organisation’s overall potential. It requires planners to agree the long term goals of their organisation, to identify and evaluate the alternative ways of achieving these goals, and to select the most appropriate way forward.
Staff at Explosive Learning Solutions have worked at the strategic level in both government and non governmental organisations and have provided strategic consultation across the development and security sector. We base our consultancy work on the principles of:
- Vision and objectives
- Strategic analysis
- Strategic choice
- Strategic implementation
Recent work has seen Explosive Learning Solutions providing a holistic solution to the Government of the Republic of South Africa in the areas of BAC and increasingly poorly managed / disused, military ranges. We worked with them to develop an integrated, sustainable strategy, directly benefiting the affected communities across the country.