If these classroom dates are not suitable please consider our Distance Learning or Virtual Classroom options. Contact the sales team for more information. 01235 861805
Better Business Cases™ is a systematic and objective approach to all stages of the business case development process that sits alongside, and complements, HM Treasury’s Green Book guidance.
Why it’s important
The course and examination are based on The Five Case Model, the UK government’s best practice approach to planning spending proposals and enabling effective business decisions. Understanding of an established and proven methodology which can be applied at both strategic (macro) and tactical (micro) levels is becoming essential as core business competencies for any manager or director.
Certify your ability to:
- Establish a clear need for intervention – a case for change
- Set clear objectives – what you want to achieve from the investment
- Consider a wide range of potential solutions – ensuring an optimal balance of benefits, cost and risk
- Put the arrangements in place to successfully deliver the proposal
Who is foundation for?
- Senior responsible owners (SROs), programme directors and other directors with responsibility for the successful delivery of programmes and projects
- Project managers, project team members and specialist advisers tasked with delivering a business case for investment
- Officers involved in the scrutiny and review of investment proposals
What are the key things you will learn?
- The philosophy and underlying rationale of the Five Case Model
- The different types of business case, their purpose, who is responsible for them and when they are required in the development of a spending proposal
- The development of the business case in relation to other recognised and recommended best practice for programme and project management