If these classroom dates are not suitable please consider our Distance Learning or Virtual Classroom options. Contact the sales team for more information. 01235 861805
APM develops your knowledge and understanding beyond your learning from PRINCE2® to help you grow into a committed and capable project professional. It prepares you to deliver project success in critical areas such as budgeting and cost management, conflict management and teamwork. This qualification builds and enhances your project management capability and credentials beyond that of PRINCE2®.
Why it’s important
The attainment of accreditations offered by professional bodies such as the Association for Project Management (APM) is increasingly seen as a recognised indicator of competence in project management in the UK and Internationally.
What it covers
The APM syllabus assesses breadth of knowledge in all areas of project management and covers knowledge areas from the APM Body of Knowledge including:
- Build on project management context and knowledge gained from PRINCE2®
- Understand the concepts, techniques and processes in APMP for PRINCE2®
- Appreciate business processes and lifecycle models for projects and project management
- Use critical path analysis techniques and manage resource conflicts
- Select and apply appropriate project monitoring and control methods
- Use a systematic approach to analysing and planning a project
- Consider and apply appropriate conflict management and negotiating techniques
- Appreciate the project context and actively manage the project stakeholders
- Apply work breakdown structures and map responsibilities
- Recognise the importance of developing effective leadership skills and communication techniques
Who will benefit
Individuals will be able to demonstrate knowledge of all elements of project management by gaining The APM Project Management Qualification through a shorter route. The APM Project Management Qualification fills the knowledge gap beyond PRINCE2® Practitioner, further developing your organisation’s project management function and increasing the likelihood of project success.
The APM Group Ltd. PRINCE2® is a registered trademark of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved.
Other recommended courses to compliment this one
APMG Change Management Foundation and Practitioner
Dealing with change and, more importantly, the impact of change is a high priority for all organisations. Change is a constant challenge to all businesses…
Management of Risk (M_o_R®) Foundation & Practitioner
The correct, timely and appropriate identification of risk, assessment of the impact and probability and planning of responses is fundamental in the success of the….