** Course price inclusive of exam fees **
If these classroom dates are not suitable please consider our Distance Learning or Virtual Classroom options. Contact the sales team for more information. 01235 861805
Managing Successful Programmes (MSP®) was developed as a best practice guide on programme management. The guide comprises a set of principles and a set of processes for use when managing a programme. MSP represents proven programme management best practice in the successful delivery of transformational change through the application of programme management.
Why it’s important
Today’s organisations exist in a climate of constant and increasing change. Organisations that have learned how to transform themselves through effective leadership and strategic control are more likely to survive and prosper. Programme management is increasingly being recognised as key to enabling organisations to manage that transformation.
The MSP framework is based on three core concepts:
- MSP principles: these are derived from positive and negative lessons learned from programme experiences. They are the common factors that underpin the success of any transformational change.
- MSP governance themes: These define an organisation’s approach to programme management. They allow an organisation to put in place the right leadership, delivery team, organisation structures and controls, giving the best chance for success.
- MSP transformational flow: This provides a route through the lifecycle of a programme from its conception through to the delivery of the new capability, outcomes and benefits.
Who is foundation for?
- Members of a programme office, business change team members, project delivery team
- Members, anyone who needs to understand the terminology and concepts underpinning MSP
- Those wishing to pursue higher level qualifications (e.g. programme managers, business change managers (BCMs) and senior responsible owners (SROs)
What are the key things you will learn?
- Distinguishing between projects and programmes
- How to identify the MSP defined types of programme and their characteristics
- The benefits of applying the MSP guidance to the management of a programme of transformational change
- The purpose and areas of focus of the defined roles
- The purpose of the seven MSP principles, the nine governance themes and the six transformational flow processes
- Thee purpose of MSP programme information (documents)
Other recommended courses to compliment this course:
Management of Risk (M_o_R®) Foundation & Practitioner
The correct, timely and appropriate identification of risk, assessment of the impact and probability and planning of responses is fundamental in the success of the….
APMG Change Management Foundation and Practitioner
Dealing with change and, more importantly, the impact of change is a high priority for all organisations. Change is a constant challenge to all businesses…