** Course price inclusive of exam fees **
If these classroom dates are not suitable please consider our Distance Learning or Virtual Classroom options. Contact the sales team for more information. 01235 861805
P3O brings together in one place a set of principles, processes and techniques to facilitate effective portfolio, programme and project management through enablement, challenge and support structures. These structures also bridge the gap between the strategy/policy makers and the delivery arm of the organisation.
- It is now the established approach in supporting senior management decision making through the portfolio, its programmes, projects and business as usual. It enables:
- Individuals and organisations to establish, develop and maintain appropriate support structures that will assist senior management decision making.
- Consistent delivery of programmes and projects across the organisation.
- The use of a Centre of Excellence to support change delivery for the organisation.
- A flexible approach to support, control and assurance of change because ‘one sized P3O does not fit all’.
The P3O qualification is now established as an external competence measure by organisations throughout the world.
Why it’s important
P3O is able to provide your organisation with the following:-
Information and advice for senior management decision making on:
- Strategic alignment prioritisation
- Resource utilisation.
- Risk management.
- Identification and realisation of business outcomes and benefits.
- Optimisation of resource to successfully deliver business objectives.
- As a single source of “truth” on the status of all the change initiatives in the portfolio Timely and accurate reporting that is easily understood by all stakeholders.
- Successful delivery of projects and programmes that enable benefits realisation, within time, cost and quality restraints.
- The P3O standard can be described as a benchmark for PMOs to assess their performance against.
- The P3O standard was created by an international group of experts working on behalf of the British Government.
- It has strong international recognition having being used to design and enhance Portfolio, Programme and Project Offices for organisations across the globe.
What it covers
P3O best practice is supported by the core guidance publication and a two-tier certification scheme, Foundation and Practitioner.
The purpose of the Foundation certification is to confirm that a candidate has sufficient knowledge and understanding of the P3O guidance to interact effectively with, or act as an informed member of, an office within a P3O model.
Foundation is a pre-requisite for the Practitioner certificate.
The purpose of the Practitioner certification is to affirm that the candidate can design, implement, manage or work within any component office of a P3O model. A successful candidate will have an overall understanding of the elements, roles, functions and tools and techniques deployed in a generalised P3O model.
Who will benefit
- Informed senior management decision-making on factors including strategy, prioritisation, risk management and optimisation of resources in order to successfully deliver their business objectives (portfolio management).
- Identification and realisation of business outcomes and benefits via programmes.
- Successful delivery of project outputs that enable benefits within time, cost and quality restraints.