** Course price inclusive of exam fees **
If these classroom dates are not suitable please consider our Distance Learning or Virtual Classroom options. Contact the sales team for more information. 01235 861805
PRINCE2® (Projects IN Controlled Environments) is a globally recognised best practice project management methodology and is widely adopted on many projects around the world. It is the standard method used by the UK Government and is also utilised extensively in both the public and private sectors.
Why it’s important
For individuals, PRINCE2® training and certification demonstrates to existing or new employers an understanding of the approach and how PRINCE2®can be applied. Implementing PRINCE2® methodology firmly in your business practices will promote smoother working relationships with other like-minded companies and keep your projects under control when working with organisations that use alternative business practises from your own.
Certify your ability to:
- Manage projects or to work in a project environment using the most internationally recognised project management method
- Ensure that team members focus on the viability of the project in relation to its business case objectives, rather than simply seeing the completion of the project as an end in itself.
- Promote consistency of project work and the ability to reuse project assets while facilitating staff mobility and reducing the impact of personnel changes/handovers.
- Design plans and reports to meet the needs of each level in the project team and project board, improving communication and control.
- Mitigate perceived problems and issues and focus on the viability of the project throughout.
- Evaluate the project portfolio to bring clarity and allow improvements in reviewing projects.
What is required?
- Proof that you have passed one of the following:
- PRINCE2 Foundation
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)
- IPMA Level A® (Certified Projects Director)
- IPMA Level B® (Certified Senior Project Manager)
- IPMA Level C® (Certified Project Manager)
- IPMA Level D® (Certified Project Management Associate)
Who is Practitioner for?
Project managers and aspiring project managers. It is also relevant to other key staff involved in the design, development and delivery of projects, including: project board members (e.g. senior responsible owners), team managers (e.g. product delivery managers), project assurance (e.g. business change analysts), project support (e.g. project and programme office personnel) and operational line managers/staff.
What are the key things you will learn?
- The relationships between the roles, management products, principles, themes, techniques and processes
- Applying the principles, themes and processes to a project
- How to create and assess management products
Other recommended courses to compliment this course:
Management of Risk (M_o_R®) Foundation & Practitioner
The correct, timely and appropriate identification of risk, assessment of the impact and probability and planning of responses is fundamental in the success of the….
APM Project Management Qualification for PRINCE2® Practitioners
Develop your knowledge and understanding beyond your learning from PRINCE2® to help you grow into a committed and capable project professional….
APMG Change Management Foundation and Practitioner
Dealing with change and, more importantly, the impact of change is a high priority for all organisations. Change is a constant challenge to all businesses…