Job Title: Analyst Mapping Accreditation
Location: Harwell Campus
Type: Full time, 37.5Hrs/week
Reports to: Accreditation Technical Lead
Salary: £24,000-£32,000 Pro Rata Dependant on experience and number of courses currently accredited
Holidays: Pro Rata 22 days + all public holidays + 3 days paid Christmas Company Shutdown
Pension: 5% employee, 3% Employer contribution
Healthcare Cash Plan
Reward Gateway- Employee Discount Platform
- To work closely with and support the Accreditation Mapping Technical Lead (AMTL)
- Build effective working relationships with personnel across a range of organisations.
- Undertake research and fact finding activities into a range of defence and other roles and accreditation opportunities
- Undertake thorough and accurate accreditation and qualification mapping activities against role performance statements (RPS) provided by other organisations.
- Provide daily/weekly progress reports and briefings to the AMTL at Accreditation Mapping Project Meetings.
- Provide regular reports to the AMTL on mapping activity, ensuring risks and issues with recommendations for mitigation, are escalated to the AMTL.
- Work with other teams within ELS and external organisations to ensure the timely production of data and information, in approved templates, required to meet the requirements of mapping teams deliverables.
- To manage the collection, indexing and preparation of all materials and evidence for the mapping process. Identify ways to facilitate cross referencing and management of materials and evidence to meet differing mapping processes and criteria.
- To keep abreast of developments in the wider area of accreditation, in order to ensure project practice is always aligned with current best practice.
- Rapidly build up knowledge of accreditation and/or mapping requirements, from information supplied by accreditation and awarding bodies and other applicable sources.
- Advise and update fellow mapping team colleagues of any new expectations and changes communicated from accreditation and awarding bodies as part of the mapping process.
- Ensure AMTL is kept informed of all mapping activities and timelines.
- Support any additional colleagues assigned to the project.
- Draft documents and templates, seeking and gaining agreement and approval from the AMTL prior to submission or external release outside of the Accreditation Mapping Team.
- Circulate appropriate documentation to mapping team colleagues taking part in the as and when required.
- Attend any relevant conferences and seminars, as required.
- Attend any training or CPD activities as required.
- Support and develop the project’s objectives by providing a high quality professional services to stakeholders.
- Take a proactive approach to understanding the client and how ELS can best meet their needs and expectations; work together in a mutually supportive way towards shared priorities.
- Assist at project-wide events, if hosted by ELS, as required.
- Carry out routine and regular administrative duties, as directed by the AMTL.
- Undertake diligent version and configuration control.
- Respond to (and record) enquiries (in person, by telephone or email) from external working groups in a professional and customer-focused manner.
- Provide cover and support for mapping team colleagues as required.
- Regularly assess the efficiency of control systems and recommend effective improvements.
- Review and evaluate company and project procedures and reports to identify hidden risks or common issues.
- Undertake other duties as may be reasonably required by the AMTL, in support of the wider ELS business interests.
- Educated to a minimum of GCSE Grade A-C, 4-9, or Functional Skills Level 2
- Production, maintenance and presentation of accurate and auditable records and reports
- Experience of mapping job roles and tasks to training, accreditation and qualifications
- Developing business cases
- Experience of DSAT
- Experience of working with accreditation and validation processes
- Development and Improvement to policy and processes
- Experience of maintaining quality standards